Melbourne basketball group since 2013. Basketball613 promotes confidence and taking care of each other through:
- OWNERSHIP - Having courage to live without excuses
- DIVERSITY - Welcoming people from all walks of life
- TEAMWORK - Cooperating together for a common cause bigger than oneself
Basketball613 is the fastest growing and biggest independent group in Melbourne. Operating several locations across Melbourne, we organise weekly social basketball, basketball training, 3x3 competitions and a unique championship for individuals and teams who enjoy playing competitively whilst having fun. A great place to improve your basketball skills and meet new friends. Basketball613 caters for players of all ages, skill levels and nationalities, our goal is to promote basketball and an active lifestyle in local communities.
A "win at all cost" attitude is not supported. Individuals, or teams, displaying poor sportsmanship or poor conduct are advised that any repetition of unacceptable behavior will mean future entries may be rejected. There is no place for dirty tactics (in order to win) during games because they will just create tensions among players and adversely affect what the group is trying to promote. However, we expect everybody to play hard and really have fun.
Games are conducted all year round, we follow the winter, spring, summer and autumn weather seasons for our basketball competition. At the end of each 'season' players are invited to a social gathering also there are 3x3 competitions for those wanting to take their game to another level. The next season commences immediately.
- We are predominantly an on-demand social basketball group for individuals and teams
- Any combination of males and females are permitted on the court to play and there is no special rules based on gender.
- We cater for varying skill levels
- Games often run for a full 60 minutes ('30 min halves')
- +613 is Melbourne's international dialing code
Become a paid member and start playing basketball!